Wednesday, May 26, 2010

...and then he came home

Interestingly (or at least I think so) Kobe was cremated at a funeral home for people. He was cremated on May 4th (also Sam's Birthday) and he was home with us again on the evening of the 5th. It turns out the funeral home is only a few miles away, on the way to one of my preferred grocery stores. I do have to say that the little blue bag with the papaya size bag of ashes just doesn't do justice to my big dog. For now it is sitting on the dresser in our bedroom where I can say goodnight.
Oddly enough, on the night of the 4th (when Kobe was being cremated) when we were taking our evening walk, the sky was just beautiful. The blue was intense and the clouds were lit from below by the setting sun. It was similar in a way to the last sunset sky Connor and I walked with Kobe - only richer. It sounds silly, but maybe that was his way of letting us know he's okay now. To give us a beautiful sky on a walk he always enjoyed. There may have even been a little of him drifting around that night.

No comments: